It is suitable for both the medium to higher volume production user and die hard hobby/enthusiast DIY ski and snowboard builders. This machine is a full featured production laminating press based on the presses Lindsay designed for Powderstick Snowboards, Option Snowboards and dozens of other companies since the mid 1980's.
The IF-2000 FC features heated top and bottom forms that are temperature controlled by a digital PID control unit that allows various ramp and heat cycles to be programmed or it can be used with simple set temperature operation.
The daily capacity of the IF-2000 FC is dependent on the operating temperature and the cure time of the resin system used. This is typically 2 - 4 boards per hour or 2-3 pair of skis hour based on 60-70 degree C temperature using the Action Sports Extreme epoxy system and depending on the complexity of the layup - other epoxies will vary in terms of cure time and can allow faster or slower cure cycles and resin pot life.
This machine features an all steel I-beam "Fixed Cavity" frame design (hence the FC designation) that results in a very stiff, high performance frame when space and weight are not as much of a concern. The fixed cavity frame design is less expensive than our LC ("Lift Cylinder") designs and is your best choice when you demand top performance on a modest budget.
The IF-2000 FC ski and snowboard press features an all pneumatic "air bladder/caterpillar track" top form assembly for unlimited ski or board thickness profiles, adjustable length, various camber and rocker profiles and more (1 rocker/camber profile included, others can be ordered).
Standard Specifications (we can build to other specs please inquire):
- All steel "Fixed Cavity" I-beam frame design
- Adjustable for different lengths (standard from 140cm to 175cm - other size ranges available)
- Heated all aluminum top and bottom forms
- Digital temperature control
- Modular tip, tail, and camber/rocker "form blocks" can be interchanged for different profiles (steep/mellow nose and tail, camber/rocker/hybrid etc)
- 330mm standard width (other widths available)
- All aluminum "caterpillar track" top form assembly works as a flexible caul plate for unlimited thickness profiles
- dual 600lb burst air bladders
- 96" long x 40" wide x 71" tall x approximately 1800lbs in standard form
Typical 220 volt single phase configuration $10,995. Other options, custom dimensions and International electronics are available, please inquire.